This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
You’re looking for some amazing low carb Starbucks drinks that you can have without any guilt on the keto lifestyle. You need to find out exactly what you can have to drink when you go to Starbucks without kicking yourself out of ketosis.
Maybe you’ve been thinking of starting the keto lifestyle after reading all of the success stories all over the internet.
Maybe you’ve already started but you’re finding it restrictive and thus difficult to continue you.
Maybe you’re just looking for ideas of things you can make adjustments to make them low carb friendly, especially when you feel like going to Starbucks.
Whatever your situation is, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re looking for some hot, or iced keto Starbucks drinks for when you’re going out with friends, or you’re looking for low carb drink ideas for when you feel like treating yourself, you’ll find all you need right here.
Also, if you need to know how to order low carb Starbucks drinks, then you’ll get over 27 ideas that can work for you.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for keto/low carb food ideas on the Starbucks menu, this list probably isn’t for you – But, on the bright side, you can never go wrong with enjoying a few guilt-free drinks while you’re eating better. So enjoy!
What is the low carb lifestyle and how does it affect your Starbucks drink choices
The low carb lifestyle is one in which you reduce your carbohydrates intake, increase your fat intake and moderate your protein intake. There are many other names for this way of eating including, the keto diet, the LCHF diet and so on.
Because this way of eating requires you to eat fewer carbs, foods like bread, pasta, sweets, sweet drinks and so much more are not allowed.
What about Starbucks drinks? They’re definitely not allowed on this way of eating..in their original form. But, there are some adjustments you can make to your favorite Starbucks drinks to make them low carb friendly as you will see below.
What to know before you go to Starbucks
Starbucks has a lot of delicious drinks, but, chances are a very small percentage of these will work for you if you’re on a low carb way of eating. As such, keep these handy tips in mind before you go there to order your drink.
- According to PopSugar, you can have at least 8 amazing drinks that are keto friendly at Starbucks, each with a small adjustment. Of course, there are a lot more, but this is a great start!
- You can also, try Instagram to find thousands of ideas for keto drinks you can enjoy.
- The average Starbucks drinks – non-ketofied, has about 40 grams of sugar. This is a low estimate of course, but it goes to show that on average, they will not work for the low carb lifestyle if not adjusted.
- Many flavored syrups include sucralose which can cause spikes in blood sugar for some people.
- Keep this handy infographic with you for more amazing ideas.
- Walk with your own low carb sweeteners. If you’d prefer to be very strict with yourself, you should consider bringing your own low carb sweeteners as may low carb sweeteners contain maltodextrin or fructose. It really depends on how strict you are with keto. Some examples you can bring yourself include:
Having given you these great things to keep in mind, enjoy these yummy drinks that are all low carb! They’ll make the perfect low carb treat for days when you just want something delicious but still guilt free.
Below, you will find 33 different ways you can order low carb drinks when you want to go to Starbucks. These drinks range from cold to hot drinks, teas, coffees and more. The instructions below will show you how to order then to get your order right.
How to order low carb lattes
A latte is a drink that consists of a shot of espresso in steamed milk lightly topped with foam.
In order to make this type of drink low carb follow these simple guidelines:
- Order your latte with almond or coconut milk instead of the non-fat, whole milk, 2% milk or soy milk.
- Order an Americano (hot or cold) with a splash of heavy whipping cream. Ensure that you specifically ask for a light splash of cream so your barista does not add too much HWC to your drink.
- You can also order an Americano with heavy cream and sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup. All the ingredients are keto friendly. Keep in mind that the syrup has sucralose which affects some people (not all) in terms of blood sugar spikes.
- You can also order a Skinny Vanilla Latte. Substitute the milk for almond milk instead.
How to order low carb frappuccino drinks
A typical frappuccino is made by blending…Typically they are FULL of sugar. To order low carb frap drinks, you will:
- Start with a venti iced coffee with no classic, substitute sugar-free vanilla and heavy whipping cream instead of milk and blend frappucino style.
- You can also order a frappuccino as follows: Ask for a tall unsweetened iced coffee with extra ice, 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup, and 2 shots of heavy whipping cream, blended frappuccino-style but with no frappuccino base and no frap syrups. Macros: 211 calories, 4g net carbs, 1g protein, 22g fat.
- You can also order a skinny Mocha (hot or cold). To order ask for a Short, iced (or hot) skinny mocha with half water, half heavy whipping cream. Macros: 55 calories, 1g net carbs, 1g protein, 5g fat.
- You can also order a White Chocolate Mocha (hot or cold.) To order, ask for a Short White Chocolate Mocha with whip. A single pump of white chocolate mocha sauce (instead of the normal 2 pumps). Replace the milk with 3/4 water and 1/4 heavy whipping cream.
Other brewed coffees that are low carb
Blonde Roast – 5 calories and 0g net carbs
Clover Brewed Coffee – 10 calories and 0g net carbs
Decaf Pike Place – 5 calories and 0g net carbs
Featured Dark Roast – 5 calories and 0g net carbs
How to order keto Starbucks drinks that are non-coffee
If you don’t want coffee-based drinks you can try teas such as:
- Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
- Passion Tango Herbal Tea
- Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea
- Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea
You can also try these:
- Chai Latte
How to order keto Starbucks iced drinks
- Iced Coffee: To order, ask for a tall brew on ice, unsweetened. Macros: 0 calories, 0g net carbs, 0g protein, 0g fat.
- Refreshers (iced): To order ask for a Tall Passion Tango Herbal Tea on ice, no classic syrup, 2 shots heavy whipping cream, 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup. Macros: 206 calories, 4g net carbs, 1g protein, 22g fat.
How to order keto Starbucks hot drinks
- Misto (hot): To order ask for a Short, hot Misto.
- Chai latte (hot): To order, ask for a Short Chai Tea Latte using 2 Chai brewed tea bags — not the concentrate — with 2 shots of heavy whipping cream, and 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce.
27 more low carb Starbucks drinks you can enjoy (with pictures)
Keto Strawberry Drank
This drink contains approximately:
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 6g
- Sugar: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Caffeine: 35-45mg
To order, ask for asking for a VENTI iced white tea with no sweetener, four pumps of sugar-free vanilla, no water, strawberry infusion tea and a splash of heavy whipping cream.
Horchata Protein Frappuccino
This drink contains approximately:
- Protein: 26g
- Carbs: 11g
- Fat 4g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Caffeine: 100mg
To order, ask for a VENTI Coffee Frappuccino with six (6) pumps Sugar-Free Cinnamon Dolce syrup, two Stevia, almond milk, 4 scoops of protein, light ice, and no frappuccino base syrup.
Keto Carmel Macchiato
To order this drink, ask for an iced(or hot) Carmel macchiato. Substitute the whole milk with coconut milk or heavy cream. Also, ask for sugar-free syrup (minus the caramel drizzle). You can also add extra espresso if you choose!
Starbucks Venti Iced Coffee
To order ask for a Venti iced coffee, no classic, sugar-free vanilla, two shots of espresso and a splash of heavy whipping cream.
Passion Tea Unsweetened
Keto Pink Drink
To order ask for a Trenta Pasntgo iced tea with no liquid cane sugar, 4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla, heavy cream, no water, light ice and a scoop of berries.
Low Carb Iced Americano
To order, simply ask for a venti iced americano with 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce and 3 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup.
Low Carb Cold Brew
Low Carb Cold Brew With Cashew Cream
Low Carb Iced Americano
and a splash of almond milk.
Sugar-free Hibiscus Tea with Heavy Cream
If you want keto friendly but caffeine-free drinks from Starbucks, you’ll surely love this.
Ask for a Hibiscus tea/Passion tea with 2 shots of heavy cream and a shot of sugar-free vanilla.
How to make your own Starbucks low carb drinks
In the event that you want to make a homemade version of keto/low carb Starbucks drinks, then you can use this recipe below:
Homemade low carb iced latte
You will need:
- 1 Tablespoon Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Torani SF Coconut
- 2 Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tablespoon unsweetened Coconut milk
- 6 oz coffee
- Few drops of SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Sweetener
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
Pour this mixture over a 16 oz glass of ice and top with Real Whipping Cream.
That is it! You can have yourself a lovely homemade Starbucks copycat drink with ingredients to spare for multiple other drinks whenever you get the urge. Making your drinks yourself also gives you the opportunity to know and choose exactly what is right for you on your journey. This is so because there are many cases where a drink may appear to be low carb but it actually isn’t. Making your own will guarantee that you never have this issue.
However, if you still want to go out to get your drinks, then these examples above will do the trick!
Important tips to remember when ordering keto drinks at Starbucks
- Add your own heavy cream so that you know exactly how much your drink actually contains!
- Order your Starbucks drinks online in order to get the nutritional facts for your drink!
Quick tips from @ketogoneglam.
- You can find thousands of keto-friendly Starbucks drinks on Instagram using the hashtag #ketostarbucksdrinks
- Bring your own low carb sweeteners with you so you control what goes into your drink.
- You can have a shot of espresso as there are no carbs in it.