This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Looking for some amazing keto bread substitutes? This tasty keto banana bread recipe is a great substitute and it’s sure to take away your cravings for regular bread.
It’s essentially the answer to your prayers if you’re on a low carb diet. This recipe includes a handful of healthy ingredients that are combined to taste great and can help you along your keto diet journey, whether you’re on it for weight loss or general health.
Looking for more keto bread recipes to try throughout your journey? I recommend getting this great cookbook with over 35 delicious low carb bread recipes you can enjoy.
If you’re on the keto diet, you’re not keen to include lots of banana in your diet as it’s not the lowest in carbs…a medium sized banana contains about 30g of carbs.
Therefore, when added to a recipe that produces a whole loaf of bread, you won’t be consuming many carbs at all..given that you don’t eat the entire loaf in one day!
I’m very excited to share this recipe as it’s so tasty, easy to prepare and can help you get a little taste of bread, which is something you may be craving and missing on the keto diet.
This is one of the tastiest keto banana bread recipes you’ll ever make! Plus to make this recipe, you’ll only need a few ingredients that you most likely have available in our kitchen if you’ve been doing keto for a while.
Once done, you can enjoy your keto banana bread for breakfast or to just snack throughout the day.
P.S, If you want to lower your carb count simply substitute the medium ripe banana for banana extract. It won’t taste as good or be as textured, but it’ll still be delicious! I promise!
Who will enjoy this keto banana bread:
This recipe is perfect for you if you’re wanting to enjoy a heartier breakfast that can help to feel fuller for longer.
It’s also great for anyone who wants to add some extra potassium to their diet.
The keto banana bread is also perfect for you if you’re on the ketogenic diet (or have just started) and are worried about slipping up with eating regular bread. This will give you a great keto substitute that you can savor.
This keto banana bread will not disappoint.
Keto Banana Bread
This keto banana bread recipe is super simple to make and super tasty. A treat for anyone whois missing regular bread or just wants to try out some keto bread.
- 1 medium ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
- 2 drops banana extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup ghee (melted)
- 1/2 cup low carb Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, salt, sweetener) then set aside. 2. Add all wet ingredients ( eggs, melted ghee, ripe banana, banana extract) into a blender or food processor and mix till batter is well blended.
3. Add dry ingredients to the blender or food processor and mix well until a nice smooth batter is formed.
4. Pour your batter into a well greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until the top is brown or the bread is cooked.
6. Turn off oven and allow your bread to sit in the hot oven for at least 10 minutes.
7. Allow your bread to cool for 30 minutes to an hour, then enjoy!
Insert a skewer or toothpick into the center of your bread to gauge if it is cooked. If it comes out dry, then your bread is ready.
If you’d rather not use the ripe banana in this recipe, consider using four drops of banana extract as a substitute.
Lastly, if you’re looking for more amazing recipes you can make with almond flour, you might like this low carb pound cake recipe.
Want to lose weight on the ketogenic diet?