This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
You have to try out this almond meal cheesy bread recipe! Made with a mix of almond meal and coconut flour, this cheesy bread recipe shows you how to use alternative ingredients to make your favorite recipes healthier!
Most times, cheesy bread recipes are made with white bread made with all-purpose or wheat flour. Today I decided to try out a different kind of cheesy bread made with an all-purpose flour substitute. The result is this delicious almond meal cheesy bread that is definitely worth a try!
If you searched for cheesy almond meal bread and got here, or you clicked over from the best alternatives for flour in baking then you want to learn how to make this bread.
And, I’ll show you exactly how to make it below!
Ingredients for cheesy almond meal bread
- Almond meal – Used as a gluten-free flour alternative in place of all-purpose flour.
- Sour cream – Can be substituted for yogurt, buttermilk, creme fraiche, cream cheese, or some other baking substitute for sour cream.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Can be substituted for grated pecorino romano cheese or shredded Grana Padano cheese.
- Shredded cheese – Use any type of shredded cheese you prefer. I used cheddar because it was available.
- Chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make cheesy almond meal bread
Start by gathering all of the ingredients for this almond meal bread in one place.
Then in a blender add the coconut flour, oregano, garlic powder, chili flakes, and almond meal.
Add in cheese, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and the egg. Season with salt and pepper.
And pulse for a few seconds.
Knead with your hands until a soft dough forms. Transfer to a lined baking pan with parchment paper and spread it evenly.
Bake the cheese bread in a preheated oven at 400F or 200C degrees for 7 minutes.
Also, top the bread with the other half of the shredded cheese.
Let it bake for another 7-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown. Serve warm!
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- Oil for frying
- To make, gather all the ingredients in one place.
- Then add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and use a spoon or your hands to mix well, until the dough is cohesive.
- Once the dough has been made, cover it with a dry towel and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Then sprinkle some all purpose flour onto a chopping board, and cut up the dough into 8 pieces.
- Form each piece of dough into a dough ball. Then use a rolling pin to flatten each dough ball until each measures about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- In the meantime, pour about 1 inch of vegetable oil into a deep pan, and turn on the heat to medium.
- Once the oil is hot, add the rolled out dough to the pan and fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, drain on some paper towels and continue with this process until all the dough is fried.
- Serve the fried dough sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 7.4gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 3.2gProtein: 4.6g