This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
This is the easiest money saving plan for 2022 to help you save up some real money.
The new year will soon be upon us and with it usually comes our goals and plans for a better year.
Something that’s highly recommended this time of year is to start saving money so that you can get yourself something REALLY nice, pay off some debt that you may have incurred or take yourself on a nice trip.
This year, I’ve created a 52-week money saving plan that I’m sure you’ll love. This plan will help you learn a simple principle. That is, putting aside a small amount of money each week can ultimately have you save a very large sum of money at the end of 52 weeks.
The best part is that you can start by setting aside just $2.50 and end up with over $1700!
You can save up the money in a simple jar or keep it in an account. My sister did hers in a shoe box last year! As long as you don’t touch this money throughout the year, you can keep the money wherever you please.
Related: Budgeting Hacks For Beginners
Last year I undertook a similar challenge and was able to save only $700. It was great but, this year I’ve made a plan to save $1700 for a nice trip for next Christmas.
And, do forget, you can start this challenge at any time of the year. So, if you see this in the middle of the year, don’t feel like you can’t start because you totally can.
If you want to go on this journey with me, then do me 2 small favors:
- Find something secure to store your money each week.
I tried a regular jar last year but that didn’t really work. The process didn’t feel quite as official and serious as it does this time around that I’ve gotten an actual money box for this.
So, if you’re like me have a look at these money boxes below so that you can officially start saving
Amazing Custom Money Saving Boxes
(Click images to check them out)
2. Print this printable, either for your planner of to stick to your wall for a constant reminder.
Don’t forget, share this with everyone you think would love to go on this money saving journey this year. It could be your spouse, partner, family members, daughter, friends. Everyone who you think would benefit from his year-long savings journey.
Plus, it would be great to have company while doing this challenge as it might keep you super motivated to see it through!
Click image to download and don’t forget to share!
Now that you’ve done these two things, here are some tips to ensure that you stick to this money savings plan throughout the year.
Simple money saving tips
- Start a few side hustles – Nothing makes its easier to save more money than make a little extra. Side hustles like door dash, instacart, Uber, lyft and even dropshipping are great side hustles to make a few extra hundred dollars each month hat you can use to save.
- Employ the 30 day rule constantly – This rule simply means that before buying something you want, wait 30 days. If after 30 days you still want the time, then go ahead and get it. But, if you don’t remember the item or you notice that you no longer want it, then you’d have saved this money.
- Make a solid budget – Making a solid budget is very important to help with money management. When you make a good budget, you’re able to see exactly where your money goes (or should go). When you manage your money well, it’s easier to allocate some money to your savings each month.
- Meal plan more often – Nothing breaks the bank more than spending out or eating what ever you feel like, when ever you feel like it. Make a monthly or weekly meal plan to help you spend less on food. The less money you spend on food, or eating out, the more money you’ll have to add to your saving plan.
When it comes to saving money, having an actual good plan for saving money is very important. This money saving plan for a year is exactly what you need to guide you throughout the year while work on saving as much money as you can! Use this easy 1 year savings plan and let me know how it works out for you at the end of the 52 weeks!
One thought on “Easiest Money Saving Plan For 2022”
I just came across this and i am going to try it for the new year to give my husband a wonderful birthday present 2020.